Vampire: DarkAges ...Age of Darkness
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Our Guest Book •

3 posters

Go down

• Our Guest Book • Empty • Our Guest Book •

Post by ST: Kat Mon May 08, 2017 5:07 am

:STgar:  This is a section for our guests to chat with the ST's of the site.
ST: Kat

Back to top Go down

• Our Guest Book • Empty Re: • Our Guest Book •

Post by Alex Zhou Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:44 pm

Hello... remember me, Great One?

Alex Zhou

Back to top Go down

Post by ST: Kat Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:04 am

:ST1: hay you. How have you been?
Been a while. How are things?
We still have a place for you on here if you want to join us. **hopeful look**

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Zhou Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:39 am

Busy. Both RL and elsewhere.

Did send you a message at last place, but no you... *sad*

Alex Zhou

Back to top Go down

Post by ST: Kat Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:22 am

Yeah I haven't been back to Avalon sense Eddie shut it all down. Don't think he is going to re-open it. Might come back in a year or so with a new site.

If you are looking for a game, feel free to message me here.
We do a night in about a month just like Avalon.
But we have quests and lots of things to do here. And once this chapter is done, we will be moving to the renaissance, then on ward to modern times eventual jumping into a Elder's game.
(eventually) Surprised

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Zhou Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:58 pm

It's not shut down, simply... resting. A nice long rest. The stuff on it still works, though.

I'm too busy for a game at the moment, was more curious to what you were up to...

[Might wish to check your Avalon Madison PM's]

Alex Zhou

Back to top Go down

Post by Guestie Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:53 pm

Hi there!

It sounds as if the style on this board is much like a tabletop style of roleplaying, where a small group of characters is involved in some adventure together. I miss tabletop a lot, but there's just no suitable group available where I'm living now.
To roleplay the same character in different eras sounds tempting.
I'm very interested to join this board, just that I'm not sure yet with which character, so that I don't know yet with which name to register.

I have played one of them as an elder on a modern VtM board.
I'd love to play that character in his early years of being kindred and how he gets older. The thing is he is a historical figure, he was even an English king  (but by far not as well-known these days any more like f.e. King Henry VIII.) - would such a character be playable?
In which year exactly does the roleplay take place?
He could have been ghoul for a while if he is too old otherwise. Of course by the time the game takes place nobody would know (except maybe other vampires) that he has ever been a King. His Sire moved to a different country after his embrace anyway.
If this character is not playable I would play the other one I've got in mind – who isn't a historical figure who has really existed.

Probably I can tempt a friend of mine to join – especially if he could play the brother of that former king again. Those two brothers became enemies when they were humans. They were embraced into different clans and didn't know at first that the other one was still alive. After some decades as kindred they encountered by chance. They sort of reconciled (but still have a grudge at each other, so they tend to quarrel), and it was even part of their backstory that the brothers travelled together during the Dark Ages.

Guestie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guestie 2 Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:25 am

Hello!
I'm the friend.
That character wasn't even King for long, just for 9 months, before that he was a nobleman. His sister was Queen for about 20 years, and after the death of  her husband one of her brothers was elected as the new King. He was the last Anglo-saxon King (I hadn't even heard of him before, until my friend played him, I had only heard of the next King - William the Conqueror, but I'm not English and didn't know that much about English history).

I could get tempted to join indeed, and I'd love to play the brother if that's possible. They both officially died in 1066, but could have been ghouls for a while first. As no character is supposed to have been kindred for more than 50 years at this stage?

English is not our native language, I hope that doesn't matter.
In which time zone are you? We are GMT+1.

Guestie 2

Back to top Go down

Post by ST: Lo Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:51 am

Hi guys, I'm really glad your interested in our game. I've been wanting to expand our player base to at least five people for a while now.

A few things to note though...

1- our game does indeed allow for player on player co op or conflict just so long as it is not meta gaming co op (ie sharing resources for no good reason etc.) Or mean spirited conflict such as two players having some IRL spat. But this is not the focus of the game as it is in D&D. Indeed for the most part our players here play out their own stories on their own.

2- I would personally not allow players to play Kings in our game for the same reason I would not allow them to play a prince. I have a number of reasons for this but to put it simply I find it best to put a limit on certain backgrounds such as status, influence etc. You could perhaps play a member of a royal lineage by taking the nobility merit but not even a prince let alone a king.

3- If you wish I would allow you both to build up characters that are intended to partner with one another as it seems you are both keen on team playing and such. I will require the partnership to make sense though. Two kindred who share the same sire works best but I'll also accept something like a ventrue and Toreador who became friends in court or something. Just nothing outlandish like a brujah Hedonist who is somehow friends with a Cappadocian death scholar though.

4- we are in the Eastern time zone I think but that doesn't matter as some days we will be up all day and some days we will be up all night lol

5- on the subject of the fifty years a vampire rule, it exists because we want to keep things neonate. All players play some what freshly created vampires not old enough to have seen a century yet. No player plays an elder and unless they take the former ghoul merit their vampire has only been on the kindred side of the masquerade for at most fifty years.

6- The setting of our game takes place in the fictional kingdom of Ebon Hold located somewhere in Whales. There are few if any in the way of historical figures in the game either as we put a lot of emphasis of fantasy here. The game is supposed to feel loosly based on our world but not like somewhere one could actually visit in it so to speak.

7- it is best for you to disregard history for the world as it as as well as the established VTM canon as neither of them are rule of law in this game. Baali can be good guys, capadocious could have just died in a fire, etc. And just because the history books say so and so happened at such and such time you won't necessarily notice the effects in game. Think of this as sort of an alternate reality sort of situation.

Now aside from all the points I've made above I'm sure you may have a few questions for me still. That's fine, feel free to ask away. Seeing as I'm the ST in charge of character creation it's kind of my job to see new players informed any way. But no, I don't think it will matter that English is not your first language as I couldn't have been able to tell if you hadn't mentioned it, you certainly aren't as bad as some of our players who post using the tiny dial pad of their smartphones lol.
ST: Lo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guestie Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:30 am

Well, he would have been a former King, and nothing whatsoever of that influence would still be left - because he was supposedly killed and someone else became King.

But it's alright for me to create a different character instead. We'd probably like our characters to be secret lovers (both male) instead of brothers.
As this is obviously an alternate universe – could I just invent a noble family that hasn't existed in the real world?

I never write posts on a smartphone, it would just be too much of a pain to do that.

Indeed for the most part our players here play out their own stories on their own.

Do you mean that their characters mainly deal with NPCs of the STs, but not a lot with PCs of other players? Don't the players roleplay with each other?

Guestie

Back to top Go down

Post by Hagen Turgard Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:12 pm

We can but our characters have to meet each other and have reason to interact.
We have indeed intersected at times.
Hagen Turgard
Hagen Turgard

Back to top Go down

Post by ST: Lo Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:17 pm

I like the secret lovers angle. The church make up some of the primary antagonists here so it will be a dangerous game for two men to play together heheh.

And yes, you could make your character part of a fictional family of nobles. How well known they will be will affect your story for good or ill. You could be incogneto noble blooded and avoid attention or you could take the nobility merit and Garner respect in certain circles as well as attract attention that may not always be good for a man with a secret.

And yes, mostly players have been dealing only with NPCs and story elements on their own. There have been some occasions where players interact but mostly they persue their own characters goals and such and only really converge when their stories overlap.

As a side note it can get particularly hectic with more than two players in the same scene together. Tangents often occur. As I said, I'm not opposed to player in game interaction but because of the complications that often arise from it I neither encourage or discourage it for the most part.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum